Light of Mine Unit Study
Light of Mine: A Unit Study for Homeschoolers centers around the first book in the Towers of Light series, a Christian fantasy adventure for middle-grade readers. It combines Biblical values and educational activities in four weeks of supplemental curriculum.
Story passages, chapter assignments, and thoughtful questions foster Biblical discussion while exercising reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. Memory verse copy work helps students learn scripture as they practice their handwriting. And weekly coloring sheets offer a fun opportunity for creative expression.
This unit study is designed to be completed within four weeks. Each week includes fifty to sixty pages of reading, to be done aloud or independently. Students are encouraged to keep a reading journal for their memory verse copy work and to record their answers to the reading questions.
DAYS ONE THROUGH FOUR
- Have students copy the MEMORY VERSE in their reading journal.
- Read the STORY PASSAGE aloud and discuss the passage question as a group. Complete the daily reading assignment, aloud or independently.
- After reading, students should record their answers to the READING QUESTIONS in their journal. Answers may also be discussed as a group.
- Have students recite the MEMORY VERSE.
- Complete the daily reading assignment, aloud or independently.
- Use the coloring page as a fun activity to wrap up the week